Problems Working on iPad
Most WebAssign tools are enabled for use on iPad®, allowing students to complete many assignments using Safari® on iPad. But there are some known issues for students using an iPad.
mathPad, calcPad®, and physPad®
- Copying and pasting expressions does not work reliably on an iPad.
- Intermittently, the iPad
keyboard might not display.
Tap again in the answer box to display the keyboard.
- The Next, Previous, Undo, and Redo keys on the iPad keyboard are not enabled.
WebAssign Graphing Tool
- You cannot pinch to zoom in or out in the graphing tool. You can double-tap to zoom.
- Making any other change to your graph removes all fills.
- You can drag an object outside the visible area of the graph.
To move the object back within the visible area of the graph, edit its properties in Graph Layers.
- You cannot pinch to zoom in or out in NumberLine. You can double-tap to zoom.
- pencilPad® questions
- publisher-provided content such as eBooks and tutorials that use Flash or Java
- instructor-provided content requiring Flash or Java
The assignment timer is not displayed for timed assignments when working on an iPad.
Using a Bluetooth keyboard with your iPad might work, but is not supported. Navigation keys on Bluetooth keyboards do not move the insertion point.