Advanced Integration for Brightspace
Advanced integration is available for testing by request. It provides additional features, including score syncing to Brightspace®.
Advanced integration provides the following features in addition to those of the basic integration:
- You can add your WebAssign assignments to Brightspace.
- Your students access WebAssign assignments via the corresponding Brightspace activities.
- Your students' scores on WebAssign assignments are synced back to the corresponding Brightspace activities.
- Assignment scores are synced to Brightspace as percentages, so points shown in Brightspace might not exactly match the points in WebAssign.
- Calculated category averages and grades are not synced.
- Make any adjustments or overrides to assignment scores in WebAssign, not in Brightspace.
Changes to WebAssign assignment scores made in Brightspace are overwritten when scores are synced from WebAssign.
Supported and Unsupported Course/Section Models
In both Brightspace and WebAssign, you can organize your class sections into courses. While multiple Brightspace sections can be associated with the same WebAssign section, each Brightspace course can be associated with only one WebAssign section.
- Supported Models
Each Brightspace course is associated with only one WebAssign section.
- Unsupported Models
Brightspace courses are associated with multiple WebAssign sections.
Requesting Advanced Integration
To request advanced integration be enabled for your school, open a support case.