Advanced Integration for Brightspace
Advanced integration provides additional features, including score syncing to Brightspace®.
Advanced integration provides the following features in addition to those of the basic integration:
- You can add your WebAssign assignments to Brightspace.
- Your students access WebAssign assignments via the corresponding Brightspace activities.
- Your students' scores on WebAssign assignments are synced back to the corresponding Brightspace activities.
Before You Begin
For all LMS integrations:
- Set up integration at the start of the term, and only for WebAssign course sections with no enrolled students.
- Turn off self-enrollment for your WebAssign course.
For advanced integration with Brightspace:
- Each Brightspace section must be associated with only one WebAssign section.
- Don't enable both basic and advanced integration for the same course.
- Schedule all of your assignments for the current WebAssign section before setting up the integration.Important: Do not import the same WebAssign assignments more than once to Brightspace. Doing so will cause syncing problems.Important: After importing assignments to Brightspace, you must manually link each assignment to WebAssign.
- Adjust or override assignment scores in Brightspace, not in WebAssign.
- Scores for manually added assignments are not synced to Brightspace.
- WebAssign GradeBook calculations are not synced to Brightspace.
- Assignment scores greater than 100% or less than 0% are not synced to Brightspace.
- Assignment points in Brightspace might not match points in WebAssign exactly.
Let your students know:
Requesting Advanced Integration
If Advanced Integration is not shown under LMS Integration on the Class Settings page, submit an integration help request.