Advanced Integration for Canvas
Advanced integration is available for testing by request. It provides additional features, including score syncing to Canvas™.
Advanced integration provides the following features in addition to those of the basic integration:
- You can add your WebAssign assignments to Canvas.
- Your students access WebAssign assignments via the corresponding Canvas activities.
- Your students' scores on WebAssign assignments are synced back to the corresponding Canvas activities.
- Assignment scores are synced to Canvas as percentages, so points shown in Canvas might not exactly match the points in WebAssign.
- Calculated category averages and grades are not synced.
- Make any adjustments or overrides to assignment scores in WebAssign, not in Canvas.
Changes to WebAssign assignment scores made in Canvas are overwritten when scores are synced from WebAssign.
Supported and Unsupported Course/Section Models
In both Canvas and WebAssign, you can organize your class sections into courses. While multiple Canvas sections can be associated with the same WebAssign section, each Canvas course can be associated with only one WebAssign section.
- Supported Models
Each Canvas course is associated with only one WebAssign section.
- Unsupported Models
Canvas courses are associated with multiple WebAssign sections.
Requesting Advanced Integration
To request advanced integration be enabled for your school, open a support case.