If available, instructors and students can access WebAssign assignments from Canvas™.
Basic integration between Canvas and WebAssign provides automatic rostering of students and single sign-on to WebAssign from Canvas:
- Students access WebAssign directly from Canvas and do not need to sign in to WebAssign separately.
- When a student accesses WebAssign for the first time from Canvas, a new WebAssign account is automatically created and added to your WebAssign class roster.
- Integration does not enable single sign-on to Canvas from WebAssign.
- Students who drop the Canvas section are not dropped from the WebAssign section.
- Students who transfer out of the Canvas section are not dropped from the WebAssign section.
Before You Begin
For all LMS integrations:
- Set up integration at the start of the term, and only for WebAssign course sections with no enrolled students.
- Turn off self-enrollment for your WebAssign course.
Requesting Canvas Integration
If Canvas integration is not shown under LMS Integration on the Class Settings page, open a support case.