Show Debugging Information
If you have a problem, you can display debugging information for the WebAssign building block.
If you need to troubleshoot the connection between Blackboard® and WebAssign, or if you need to know what information is being sent from Blackboard to WebAssign, you can enable display of diagnostic information in the settings for the building block.
- Sign in to Blackboard as a system administrator.
Navigate to the list of installed building blocks.
- Open the administrator panel.
- Under Building Blocks, click Building Blocks.
- Click Installed Tools.
- Beside the WebAssign building block, click Settings.
- On the Configure page, click Specify Connection.
- Under Diagnostics, select Open a new page containing any outbound LTI messages being sent to WebAssign to enable debugging information.
Do not use Internet Explorer® / Microsoft® Edge to test the connection; incorrect Connection Failed errors have been reported for successful connections when using Internet Explorer / Microsoft Edge.
If the connection is established, a Connection Successful message is displayed.
If you can't connect:
- Verify the key and secret were entered correctly and test the connection again.
- Contact Customer Support.
- Click Continue.