Configure Data Not to Sync Between Blackboard and WebAssign for a Course
For WebAssign building block version 2.1.0 and later, you can select specific courses for which to disable syncing of some or all data. This feature is available only if you have enabled automatic syncing in the building block.
Instructors can disable or re-enable automatic syncing for specific courses, but they cannot specify which data are synced.
- Course rosters can be synced one way from Blackboard to WebAssign.
- Assignment scores can be synced one way from WebAssign to Blackboard.
- Log in to Blackboard as a system administrator.
Navigate to the list of installed building blocks.
- Open the administrator panel.
- Under Building Blocks, click Building Blocks.
- Click Installed Tools.
- Beside the WebAssign building block, click Settings.
Click Courses to Sync.
The Manage the list of courses to synchronize with WebAssign page is displayed.
- Under Courses to Exclude, select Select Courses.
Select the course you want to manage.
If you know the course ID:
- Type the course ID in the box under Select Courses.
If you do not know the course ID:
- Under Select Courses, click Browse.
- In the Courses window, search for the
course you want to exclude. Select your search criteria and
Courses matching your search criteria are listed at the bottom of the window.
- Select the check box for the course you want to manage and click Submit.
The course ID is displayed under Select Courses.
Click Add to List.
The managed courses are listed at the bottom of the page. For each data item, an icon is displayed indicating whether the data will be automatically synced.
- indicates the data will be synced automatically.
- indicates the data will not be synced automatically.
- Optional: Beside a course, click the or to change the auto-sync status for that item.