Map Blackboard User Roles to WebAssign
After installing the WebAssign building block, ensure that Blackboard® user roles are correctly associated with WebAssign user roles.
This task requires that you have installed WebAssign building block version 2.0.1 and later.
- Sign in to Blackboard as a system administrator.
Navigate to the list of installed building blocks.
- Open the administrator panel.
- Under Building Blocks, click Building Blocks.
- Click Installed Tools.
- Beside the WebAssign building block, click Settings.
- On the Configure page, click Operational Settings.
On the Map Course Roles page, select the WebAssign role that corresponds to each listed Blackboard role.
Important: Blackboard user roles must be mapped to either instructor or student roles in WebAssign. User data is not synced correctly with WebAssign if the Blackboard roles are not correctly mapped.
- Instructor grants the Blackboard role access to the WebAssign system as an instructor.
- Student grants the Blackboard role access to the WebAssign system as a student.
- No Access prevents the Blackboard role from accessing the WebAssign system.
- Click Submit.