Edit GradeBook Settings
After you have set up your GradeBook using the GradeBook wizard to either create a new GradeBook or import the settings from a different course, you can later edit the settings in your GradeBook.
Open the GradeBook for your class section.
- From the toolbar, click .
- If needed, select a class section.
The GradeBook Settings page is displayed, showing five tabs. Changing information on one of the tabs changes the information in your GradeBook.
Each tab has a Save button, which you click to save your
Note: Each of the options in the tabs are explained in detail in the following topics (see the appropriate topic depending on how your GradeBook is set up):
You can set more specific grading options for an assignment in a category after you set up your GradeBook and add assignments to it. See Edit Category Average Calculation.
- Basics: Use this tab to determine if you want WebAssign to calculate grades, when to automatically update GradeBook, and which assignments to use in those calculations.
- Final: Use this tab to specify the weighting of how your students' final grade is calculated for each of the categories included in the GradeBook.
- Categories: Use this tab to determine how you want WebAssign to calculate each category average. Once you set up your GradeBook, you can also set the grading options for a particular assignment in a category. See Edit Category Average Calculation for more information and instructions on this option.
- Student View: Use this tab to select what grades and statistics your students are shown when viewing their Grades page.
- Grading Scale: Use this tab to determine which grading scale to use for your GradeBook, such as Letter Grade or Pass / Fail.