Respond to Other Requests for Extensions
If you do not allow your students to submit manual extension requests in WebAssign, they might still request extensions in other ways:
- You might receive Private Messages or Ask Your Teacher messages that request extensions.
- You might receive email messages or notes requesting extensions.
- Your students might ask you personally for extensions, in class or during office hours.
Before you decide whether to grant an extension, you might review your student's work on the assignment or in your class generally.
If necessary, go to one of the following pages: Reports Home, Scores, Grades
Summary, Grades Loginfo, or Responses.
A Private Message
Click Grades Summary.
An Ask Your Teacher message
Click View Responses.
Click scores for an assignment.
Click a student name.
Click scores for a student.
Any other page
- Click Search and select Student.
- Type part of your student's first or last name, and then click Go.
- In the Student Search page, click scores for the correct class and student.
- If necessary, select the student for whom you are granting an extension.
- If necessary, select the assignment for which you are granting an extension.
Click either Grant Extensions/Submissions or
Either the Extensions & Submissions page or the Extra window will open; both of these function in the same way.
- Specify the following information for the assignment:
- Click Save to grant the extension.
- The new due date and time
- The new number of submissions allowed, if changed
- The penalties applied, if any