Set Solution Display for Assignments
You can show or hide solutions for questions that include them (many questions do not). A solution supplements the answer key by explaining the process for obtaining the correct answer. Usually, you should show solutions only after the due date to ensure that no students see the solutions before submitting responses.
You can show or hide worked solutions for the assignment or for specific questions. You can also choose to show solutions before the due date only after students have made a certain number of submissions. Question-specific settings apply only before the due date.
To show worked solutions, you must also enable showing the answer key. The answer key must be displayed to students with or before the worked solution.
- Displaying answer keys and solutions before the due date is configured with the Question Randomization settings.
- Displaying answer keys and solutions after the due date is configured as described in this topic.
Edit the assignment or assignment template
To do this Do this Change the assignment template In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template. Change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Learning Tools & Feedback settings.
- In the Solution row, select or clear the check boxes for Show Before Due Date and Show After Due Date.
To show worked solutions before the due date only after a specified number of
- If needed, change the selection in the Show Before Due Date column heading to after specified submissions.
- In the Solution row, select the check box for Show Before Due Date and select the number of submissions that your students need to make.
- Click Save.