Transfer a Student Between Sections
You can transfer a student from one section to another of the same course if you have access to both of the sections. If an assignment is present in both sections, any work that the student has completed on the assignment in the original section automatically transfers to that assignment in the new section. If the student entered an access code for the class, the code is transferred to the new section.
- You can transfer a student only between two sections of the same course in WebAssign.
- If the two sections are not part of the same course, you must drop the student from the old course and add the student manually to the new one. Any work the student completed in the original section remains in the original section.
- You must have permission to modify the rosters of both sections to transfer a student.
- You might need to request permission from another instructor before transferring the student. See Grant Another Instructor Access to Your Course.
- The student's work on assignments will transfer only if the same assignment ID is scheduled to both sections of the course
- Work can't be transferred between assignments with different IDs, even if the assignments have the same name or contain the same questions.
Open the My Classes
Clickand find the section you want.
- Click Roster.
Click the student's name you are transferring on the
The Edit User window is displayed.
- Click the Transfer Student tab.
- Select the section to which you want to transfer the student.
- Click Complete Transfer.
The transferred student is listed on the dropped roster for the section from which she transferred, and on the current roster for the section to which she transferred.
If the student purchased access or entered an access code for the old section, that access is transferred to the new section.
- Student work that is not transferred can be viewed only in the student's old section.
- Student work that is transferred can be viewed only in the student's new section.
If needed, you can transfer a student back to the original section.