January 5, 2012 Release Notes
This release focused on the Previous Answers page, eBook access during the grace period, and improvements to how some students purchase WebAssign access. Some functionality was available on January 3.
Previous Answers Page Redesign
The Previous Answers page was redesigned and displays all the answers submitted by a student for an assignment question. The Previous Answers page lists the answers that were submitted each time by the student and indicates if question values were re-randomized.
This redesign addresses a number of known issues with the previous version of this page.
This page is available after students have made more than one submission only if enabled by the instructor in the assignment settings. See View Your Previous Answers for a Question.
eBook Access During Grace Period
Depending on the publisher, some eBooks will now be available to students during the grace period. For more information, see Purchase WebAssign Access.
Purchasing Workflow Improvements
Some students accessing WebAssign through another system, such as Blackboard or a school Web site, previously had difficulty purchasing WebAssign access. The purchasing workflow has been improved so students logging in from other systems do not need to log in to WebAssign directly in order to complete their purchase.
Students who log in to WebAssign directly will not notice any changes. For more information, see Purchase WebAssign Access.
Improved Help Links
Help topics for mathPad, calcPad, physPad, chemPad, marvinSketch, and graphing tool now open pages in the student help system to facilitate finding additional help information.
Enhanced Communications Views
Private Messages, Ask Your Teacher messages, and messages in the Trash now display a short 100-character summary of a message's contents.
The following textbooks are available in WebAssign as of January 6.
- Seeds and Backman, Foundations of Astronomy 12e
- Aufmann, Lockwood, Nation, and Clegg, Mathematical Excursions 3e
- Aufmann and Lockwood, Beginning Algebra 8e
- Aufmann and Lockwood, Intermediate Algebra 8e
- Aufmann and Lockwood, Mathematics with Allied Health Applications 1e
- Berresford, Applied Calculus 6e
- Clark and Anfinson, Beginning & Intermediate Algebra: Connecting Concepts Through Applications 1e
- Harshbarger and Reynolds, Math Applications 10e
- Larson, Calculus: An Applied Approach 9e
- Larson and Hodgkins, College Algebra with Applications for Business and the Life Sciences 2e
- Larson and Hodgkins, College Algebra and Calculus: An Applied Approach 2e
- Larson, Edwards, and Falvo, Elementary Linear Algebra 7e
- McKeague, Basic Mathematics: A Text/Workbook 8e
- McKeague, Beginning Algebra: A Text/Workbook 9e
- McKeague, Intermediate Algebra: A Text/Workbook 9e
- McKeague, PreAlgebra: A Text/Workbook 7e
- McKeague and Turner, Trigonometry 7e
- Smith, Mathematics: Its Power and Utility 10e
- Smith, Precalculus: A Functional Approach to Graphing and Problem Solving 6e
- Stewart, Redlin, and Watson, Trigonometry 2e
- Stewart, Calculus: Concepts and Contexts, Hybrid 4e
- Stewart, Calculus (Metric) 7e
- Stewart, Calculus: Early Transcendentals (Metric) 7e
- Tan, Applied Math for Managerial, Life, and Social Sciences 6e
- Tussy and Gustafson, Elementary Algebra 5e
- Tussy and Gustafson, Intermediate Algebra 5e
- Wilson, Adamson, Cox, and O'Bryan, College Algebra: Make It Real 1e
- Physical Science
- Shipman, Wilson, and Higgins, An Introduction to Physical Science 13e
- Ostdiek and Bord, Inquiry into Physics 7e
The following reported issues have been resolved since the previous release.
|Students were awarded conditional points for early assignment submission when their submission occurred after the specified date.||SWAT-362, FTWO-79|
|Students were able to receive credit for submitting blank responses for chemistry questions that used the JME editor.||SWAT-345|
|MarvinSketch was not correctly grading ordered resonance structures.||SWAT-4|
|MarvinSketch did not recognize answer orientation for stereochemistry questions.||FTWO-522
MarvinSketch will now consider answer orientation for stereochemistry questions. It does not consider answer orientation for other types of chemistry questions.
Personal Study Plan scores were sometimes incorrectly omitted from the WebAssign Gradebook.
|Clicking the update button for the advanced conditional points at the assignment level did not make the pop up window close.||SWAT-72|
|eBook links were displaying incorrectly for some textbooks.||SWAT-328|
|Read It buttons were not showing up properly for some students.||SWAT-224, SWAT-28, SWAT-261|
|Mathematical and other symbols were not displayed in some assignments. This occurred for assignments that displayed many different symbols in the student view.||SWAT-26, FONE-933, FONE-1027|
|Granting secondary textbooks to classes was granting invalid refunds.||SWAT- 137, SWAT-286|
|The pop-up messages for eBook and Personal Study Plan icons that explain more information about these features were not appearing in applicable products.||SWAT-267|
|High school students could not purchase homework-only access to Brooks/Cole 2012 textbooks.||SWAT-337|
Students were unable to submit work after logging in to WebAssign in another browser tab.
Although this specific issue is fixed, it is not recommended for students to log in to WebAssign simultaneously in multiple browser tabs or windows.
|Students were able to enroll in courses that had been trashed.||FTWO-124|
|A student could not use the an access code to access a book in different courses during the same semester.||SWAT-14|
Question parts were numbered incorrectly in student assignments for questions with pop-up tutorials.
Some formatted notation created with the <watex> tag was displayed too small in student assignments.
Students lost work when clicking Submit buttons manually added to a small number of WebAssign and instructor-created questions using the <SUBMIT> tag.
Submissions using the standard Submit button were unaffected.
Some tutorial links did not work in Internet Explorer.
|ChemPad was not working properly in Tutorial questions.||SWAT-373|