Partial Credit and Extra Credit
You might sometimes receive partial credit or extra credit for an answer.
Some common reasons include:
- Specifying an incorrect numerical answer with a dimensionally correct unit
- Specifying a numerically correct answer with the wrong number of significant figures or decimal places
- Bonus or penalty points set by your instructor for the question, for example, partial credit for attempting a difficult question, or bonus points for answering early
- Don't wait until the last minute to submit your answers.
- Some questions award bonus or penalty points based on when you submit your answers or how many
submissions you use.
You might receive fewer points if you change a correct answer, submit it, and then submit your original answer again. This applies even when "best" grading is used.