Parts of a Personal Study Plan
A Personal Study Plan® includes the following parts:
- Personal Study Plan Overview page
- The Personal Study Plan Overview page shows you what chapter and practice quizzes you have taken and how you scored. You can take quizzes or see tutorials from here.
- Chapter quizzes
- Chapter quizzes test your knowledge of every section of the chapter that
your instructor included in the Personal Study
Plan. Chapter quizzes might
include questions that are more complex than practice quizzes.
When you take a chapter quiz, your scores for questions from each section of the chapter replace the scores of your practice quizzes for that chapter.Note: If your instructor set up the Personal Study Plan as part of your class grade, your overall score for the Personal Study Plan is the average of all your chapter quiz scores. Only your last chapter quiz scores are counted.
You can take a chapter quiz as many times as you want, with a new set of randomized questions each time.
- Practice quizzes
- Practice quizzes test your knowledge of one chapter section at a time, and
do not count toward your grade in WebAssign. Practice quiz questions might be simpler than chapter quiz questions; if
you are learning the material for the first time, or are not confident about
the material, start by taking a practice quiz.
You can take a practice quiz as many times as you want, with a new set of randomized questions each time. Your instructor can view scores for both practice and chapter quizzes. This helps your instructor know if there are subject areas for which either you or the class as a whole might benefit from additional instruction.
- Tutorial materials
- Tutorial materials might include videos, interactive examples, or reading material, depending on your textbook. After you have taken a chapter or practice quiz, the tutorial materials that relate to questions you missed for the section are listed as suggestions.