Change Your Contact Information
From time to time, you might need to update your email address or other contact information.
- Easily reset your password if you forget it
- Receive messages that your instructor sends you from WebAssign
- Receive notifications (if enabled) of assignment due dates, announcement posts, and extension and help requests
- Receive messages from WebAssign Customer Support when needed
WebAssign will not give, sell, rent, loan, or otherwise disclose your personal information, except when we have your permission, are required to by law, or have a reasonable need to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of WebAssign, its users, or the public. In no event will WebAssign violate the federal privacy rights of students as established by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) at 20 U.S.C. 1232g and 34 C.F.R. part 99. For more information, see webassign.com/corporate/privacy/.
In particular, your contact information is never shared with other students.
- Click My Options in the top right.
- Click the Personal Info tab if it is not already selected.
Add or edit the information in any of the following boxes.
The email address where you want to receive any WebAssign notifications you have enabled.Note: At some schools, you can't change your email address in WebAssign.
Your email address is not changed until you confirm the new email address as described in step 6.
You need to enter your password twice.Note: If WebAssign uses your institution's authentication server, use your school's method for changing your password.
For more information, see Change Your Password.Note: To correct or update the name associated with your WebAssign account, ask your instructor to do this or contact WebAssign Customer Support.
- Enter your current password in the box at the bottom.
- Click Save.
If you changed your email address, complete the following steps to confirm your
new email address:
- Check your email for the new email address.
- Open the message from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Your WebAssign Email Address".
- Click the link in the email or paste it into your browser's address bar. If necessary, log into WebAssign.
Your email address is updated in WebAssign.