For most institutions, you can log in to WebAssign® at webassign.net/login.html.
Some institutions, departments, or instructors might log in to WebAssign differently. You might log in through your school's authentication server, or using a course management system like Blackboard®.
- Your username is unique at your institution.
Depending on how you are enrolled in your WebAssign classes, you might have more than one WebAssign username. Be sure to log in using the correct username and password for the class you are trying to access.Tip: You can link your WebAssign accounts so you only need to remember one username and password.
For more information about how to look up your username see Look Up Your Username.
- The institution code is a shortened form of your school's official name. You should be given your institution code with your WebAssign username.
If you do not know your institution code, click What is my institution. In the What's My Institution Code window, type your school name and click go. Find the institution code for your school and click Close This Window.
- Your password protects your privacy and your work in WebAssign. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it.
For more information about how to reset your password see Reset Your Password
Before logging in to WebAssign on a shared computer, such as a lab or library computer, exit all open Web browsers. Then, open a new browser session to start using WebAssign.
To log in to WebAssign (most institutions):
- Go to webassign.net/login.html.
- Type your Username, Institution code, and Password.
- Click Log In.
- The first time you log in to any WebAssign account, set your email address and change your password.
- After you finish working in WebAssign, log out of WebAssign and exit the browser completely. This helps ensure that nobody else can access your account.