Get an Automatic Extension
Your instructor might let you have an automatic extension of the due date for some assignments in WebAssign.
Important: Late work usually has consequences. Your instructor might penalize your assignment score when granting an extension.
- While working on your assignment, click Extension Request.
- Click the Automatic tab, if necessary.
- Pay particular attention to the Penalty that is displayed under Settings to find out what penalty, if any, applies.
Do one of the following:
- If you accept the terms of the extension, click Accept Automatic Extension. You can then begin working on the past due assignment.
- If you do not want to accept the extension, click Cancel. For example, a penalty might apply to each automatic extension request and you might decide not to accept the extension.