Purchase an Access Code
You can purchase access codes at many campus bookstores and from some online retailers. Make sure that the access code you purchase is valid for your class and provides the access you need.
Consider the following before purchasing access codes from third parties:
- Know your seller
- Only purchase from reputable sources. WebAssign cannot help you if the access code you purchase is invalid, used, or counterfeit.
- Verify the access code prefix
- Verify that the access code prefix (on the outside of
the access code card or envelope) is valid for the textbook edition used
in your class. Go to webassign.net/user_support/student/cards.html and search
for your textbook edition.
The access code prefix is a series of characters — for example,
OpenStax-S. Don't reveal the full access code until you verify that the prefix is valid for your class. If needed, contact Customer Support.
The access code prefix is always displayed on legitimate access code cards, and legitimate resellers will let you know the prefix before purchasing.
If the full access code is revealed, it has likely been used.
- Make sure the access code is valid for the terms you want
- Different access
codes might be valid for either single-term multi-term access.
Multi-term access codes often include either
MTBin the prefix. If in doubt, check webassign.net/user_support/student/cards.html or contact Customer Support.
- Make sure the access code is not expired
- Some access codes list expiration dates. After the expiration date, the code might be recycled and no longer work. If in doubt, contact Customer Support.