Characters that can't be graded
When working in a mathPad, calcPad®, or physPad® problem, a message is shown indicating that your answer contains a number of characters that can't be graded.
Unsupported characters might include control characters, symbols, or foreign language characters.
Some common causes for unsupported characters in answers include:
- Copying and pasting an answer from another source.
- Using a foreign-language keyboard layout.
- Typing characters that look like math symbols but which can't be parsed.
- Delete your recent changes until the message is no longer shown.
- Use the pad tools to finish entering your answer.