Returning WebAssign Users
If you have not signed in to WebAssign after September 2017, you might need to link your WebAssign account to a Cengage account.
Don't try to link your accounts if you have previously linked them or if you sign in to WebAssign through a school portal or learning management system (LMS).
If you do not have a Cengage account, create one before attempting to link your WebAssign account.
Before you create a new account, make sure you do not have an existing account.
- Your WebAssign and Cengage accounts must be linked.
- Your students' WebAssign and Cengage accounts must be linked.
- Go to https://webassign.net/login.html.
- Click Returning WebAssign User.
Type your WebAssign username, institution code, and
- Don't know your username or institution code?
- Click Forget.
- Enter the email address associated with your account.
- Click Submit.
- Check your email for a new message with your username and institution code.
If you don't receive a message, it could be mistakenly flagged as spam or junk mail, or the email address you entered might not match the email address in your WebAssign account.
- Click Continue.
Enter your Cengage account credentials.
- Type your Cengage Account Email—your username, even if it is not your email address—and Password.
- Click Link Accounts.
- If prompted, enter your student ID and click Submit.
Your WebAssign and Cengage accounts are linked.
- Click Continue to WebAssign.
After linking your Cengage and WebAssign accounts, use your Cengage account to sign in to WebAssign.