Map Blackboard User Roles to WebAssign
After installing the WebAssign building block, ensure that Blackboard® user roles are correctly associated with WebAssign user roles.
This task requires that you have installed WebAssign building block version 2.0.1 and later.
- Sign in to Blackboard as a system administrator.
Navigate to the list of installed building blocks.
- Open the administrator panel.
- Under Building Blocks, click Building Blocks.
- Click Installed Tools.
- Click WebAssign building block and select Settings.
- On the Configure page, click Operational Settings.
On the Map Course Roles page, select the WebAssign role that corresponds to each listed Blackboard role.
Important Blackboard user roles must be mapped to either instructor or student roles in WebAssign. User data is not synced correctly with WebAssign if the Blackboard roles are not correctly mapped.
- Instructor grants the Blackboard role access to the WebAssign system as an instructor.
- Student grants the Blackboard role access to the WebAssign system as a student.
- No Access prevents the Blackboard role from accessing the WebAssign system.
- Click Submit.