Advanced Integration for Canvas
Advanced integration provides additional features, including score syncing to Canvas™.
Advanced integration provides the following features in addition to those of the basic integration:
- You can add your WebAssign assignments to Canvas.
- Your students access WebAssign assignments via the corresponding Canvas activities.
- Your students' scores on WebAssign assignments are synced back to the corresponding Canvas activities.
Before You Begin
Set up integration at the start of the term, and only for WebAssign course sections with no enrolled students.
- students are already enrolled
- you gave students a class key to self-enroll
For advanced integration with Canvas:
- Each Canvas section must be associated with only one WebAssign section.
- Don't enable both basic and advanced integration for the same course.
- Adjust or override assignment scores in Canvas, not in WebAssign.
- To count no score (double dashes "--") as zero in the Canvas Gradebook, turn on the setting Treat Ungraded as 0. Otherwise, no work does not count against a student by default.
- Scores for manually added assignments are not synced to Canvas.
- WebAssign GradeBook calculations are not synced to Canvas.
- Assignment scores greater than 100% or less than 0% are not synced to Canvas.
- Assignment points in Canvas might not match points in WebAssign exactly.
Let your students know:
Requesting Advanced Integration
If Advanced Integration is not shown under LMS Integration on the Class Settings page, contact your Learning Consultant. If needed, you can find your Learning Consultant at cengage.com/repfinder/.