Use the WebAssign GradeBook to calculate category averages or totals, final scores, and assign grades based on the work your students do in WebAssign and any other scores you want to add.
- calculate final scores based on category averages or points
- adjust the weights of individual assignments, drop assignments from the GradeBook, or count assignments as extra credit
- automatically drop each student's lowest assignments for any assignment category
- show or hide grade calculations and overall class statistics to your students
- enter or upload individual assignment scores, category scores, or final scores that you want to calculate yourself
- recalculate the GradeBook on demand or set a schedule for automatic recalculation
All GradeBook settings are configurable at any time during your course. You choose what categories and assignments to include, how scores are calculated, and what information you want to show your students.
- category average, category total, or category score
- The cumulative score for all assignments included in the category to date. Might be either the average or sum of weighted assignment scores.
- final score
- The cumulative score for all categories included in the GradeBook to date. Might be either the average or sum of weighted category scores.
- grade, final grade
- A letter or pass/fail indicator of achievement for the course as a whole, calculated based on the student's final score.
- raw score
- The student's unadjusted points earned for an assignment.
- A numerical indicator of points earned for an assignment, category, or course.
- weighting, overweighting factor
- Adjusting an assignment score by applying a multiplier when calculating the category score, or adjusting a category score by applying a multiplier when calculating the final score.