Create a New Brightspace-Integrated WebAssign Course
If you have not created the WebAssign course you want to integrate with Brightspace®, create it from Brightspace.
- Open your Brightspace course.
Open the Course Builder tool.
In the Content tab, click .
If you have not already done so, create a module in your course.
Drag from Build Outline to the course
Alternatively, click and select the module location.
- Enter a name for your module, such as WebAssign.
- Optional: Enter a note for your students.
- Optional: If the WebAssign component of your course has a different start or end date from your course in Brightspace, enter those dates in Restrictions.
- Click Create.
- Drag from Build Outline to the course outline.
Drag from Add Content to your module.
Alternatively, click and select your module.
If prompted, sign in to your
Cengage instructor account to link your Brightspace and Cengage accounts.
If you don't have a Cengage instructor account, request one here or at webassign.net/login.html.
- Click Add Homework Platform.
Select the textbook or product you want to use from the available course content.
- To filter the list, type a search term.
- To only see WebAssign results, click Filter Results and set Filter By to WebAssign.
- To filter the list by license type, click Filter Results and set the dropdown to Student Purchase Required or Inclusive Access.
- To select an item, click Link to Course.
The selected title is shown with WebAssign course creation and linking options.Note If you don't see your content, contact your Cengage representative. If needed, see cengage.com/repfindercengage.com/repfinder/postSecondaryEdFacultyCanada/cengageasia.com/Contact-Ushttp://www.cengage.co.in/Rep_Locatorcengage.co.uk/education/contact-us-2/au.cengage.com/repfinderlatinoamerica.cengage.com/contacto/ (Latin America) or cengage.com.br/contato/ (Brazil).
- Select Create a new WebAssign course.
Complete the details for your WebAssign course.
Field Notes Course NameTip Include the academic term in the course name. Course Start Date
This date is both the first day students can access your course and the beginning of your students' temporary access period. It cannot be changed after students access the course.
Course End Date
To allow your students to view their grades and complete late work, consider setting this 1 week after the last day of class.
Assignment dates and times are based on the time zone you select.
- Click Continue.
- Click the Content tab.
Click the link to your WebAssign course.
If prompted, read and accept the service agreement.