Integrate WebAssign With Your Canvas Course
Note If your institution uses the old WebAssign-Canvas™ integration, see Set Up LMS Integration (Old).
Your Canvas administrator must have set up the Cengage tool in Canvas.
With this integration:
- You and your students access your WebAssign courses from Canvas.
- Create your course in Canvas.
Choose one of the following:
- Create a New Canvas-Integrated WebAssign Course
- Copy a WebAssign Course to a New Canvas Course
- Integrate an Existing WebAssign Course With CanvasNote Use this method if you are teaching a multi-section course. WebAssign courses created in Canvas are single-section only.
- In your WebAssign course, assign the activities you want to use.
- Link to WebAssign Activities and Resources
Multisection Courses Using WebAssign Course Templates and Sections
Sign in to Cengage and create your WebAssign
course template and sections.
- Create your course template.
- In your course template, assign the activities you want to use.
- From your course template, create your course sections and set each section's information, including section name, meeting time, and instructors or TAs.
- Create your first Canvas course section and link it to one of your WebAssign course sections.
- Create additional Canvas sections that link to each of your other WebAssign sections.
Multisection Courses (Not Using Course Templates)
- Create your first WebAssign course section and assign the activities you want to use.
- Create your first Canvas course section and link it to your first WebAssign section.
- Copy Your WebAssign-Integrated Course in Canvas to create additional Canvas sections that link to new copies of your first WebAssign section.