Change Student Password
When a student forgets their password, change it for them so they can participate in your WebAssign course.
Because NGLSync does not have student contact information, NGLSync cannot validate the identity of students who forget their passwords. You must change your students' passwords for them.
- If needed, sign in at nglsync.cengage.com.
- Click Manage Courses to open your Dashboard.
Select the student whose password you want to change.
If the student is enrolled in your WebAssign course:
In the Enrollments section, locate your
course and click .
Your Course Details page opens.
- Under Students, click next to the student's name.
If the student is not enrolled in your WebAssign course:
The student's Student Details page opens.
- Click the Students tab.
Search for the student in Student Lookup.
You can search by Last Name, Username, or Student Number.
- In the search results, click next to the student's name.
- In the Enrollments section, locate your course and click .
- Click Edit.
- Enter a new password in Password and repeat it in Confirm Password.
- Click Submit, then click Confirm.
Inform the student of their new password.