Add Images, Media, or Documents to Your Coursework
You can add images, media such as audio or video files, or documents to your questions, assignments, or announcements.
For example, you might want to:
- display an image as part of your question prompt
- include a brief video that your students watch before completing an assignment
- supply a template document like a spreadsheet or code example that your students complete and then upload as their response
- provide a worked solution to a problem as a PDF document
The maximum recommended file size is 10MB. You might not be able to upload larger files.
- Obtain the image, media, or document as a file on your computer in a standard file format for the content — for example, JPG, GIF, or PNG for images.
- If your content must be opened with proprietary software, ensure that your students will have access to this software.
- Make sure that you have permission to use any materials that you share with your students. Do not share copyrighted materials like music files or content from a textbook you have not adopted for your class.
- When linking to content outside of WebAssign, make sure the web address of the content starts with
http://. Otherwise, your students might see a browser warning or not be able to open the link.
- Upload the images, media, or documents from your computer to WebAssign.
- Set the display text that you want to use for your images, media, or documents.
Add code to perform one of the following:
- Display an image
- Provide a linked document
- Play a media file