Upload a Roster File
You can add students to a class roster by uploading a roster file containing information for each student.
Open the Roster page.
From My Classes, click Roster under Class Tools.
- At the top of the roster, click Upload.
On the Roster Upload page, click Choose a
- Navigate to the file you want to upload.
- Click Open or Choose, depending on your browser.
The roster file is uploaded and checked for completeness. If there are problems in the roster file, they are noted under Comments.Note: Students are not added to your course yet.
Under Upload Preview, review the roster data.
- Check that all students are listed and the data are correct.
- If needed, fix any problems in your roster file, save it, and upload it again (step 3).
- The listed students are added to your class roster.
- Accounts are created for students if the email address or username does not match an existing account.
- Optional: To drop students who were not included in your roster file, click Drop Students .
- Click Back to My Classes.
After enrolling your students, let them know they have been enrolled. Be sure you include the following information:
- Students with existing Cengage accounts were enrolled.
- For students without Cengage accounts, new accounts were created using their email address (or other methodology if not at a U.S. higher education institution) and initial password you specified in the roster file.