Upload a Roster File
You can add students to a class roster by uploading a roster file containing information for each student.
Students can update their Cengage account details at https://login.cengage.com/cb/login.htm. Those changes are updated in WebAssign the next time the student signs in to WebAssign.
Open the Roster page.
From My Classes, click Roster under Class Tools.
- At the top of the roster, click Upload.
On the Roster Upload page, click Choose a
- Navigate to the file you want to upload.
- Click Open or Choose, depending on your browser.
The roster file is uploaded and checked for completeness. If there are problems in the roster file, they are noted under Comments.Note Students are not added to your course yet.
Under Upload Preview, review the roster data.
- Check that all students are listed and the data are correct.
- If needed, fix any problems in your roster file, save it, and upload it again (step 3).
Select Send email to students who have new or updated
If your roster includes email addresses, select this option. The email lets your students know they have been enrolled and includes links to sign in or reset their password.Important If you don't select this option, you need to manually provide each of your students with the username and initial password specified in the roster file. Make sure your students with preexisting Cengage accounts understand that their password was not changed.
- The listed students are added to your class roster.
- Accounts are created for students if the email address or username does not match an existing account.
- Optional: To drop students who were not included in your roster file, click Drop Students .
- Click Back to My Classes.