Copy a Scheduled Assignment to Other Sections
After scheduling an assignment, you can schedule it the same way to other sections of the course by copying it to the other sections.
- From a section with specified meet days only to other sections with specified meet days (even if the meet days are different)
- From a section with no meet days only to other sections with no meet days
Open the Schedule page and navigate to the
From My Classes, click Class Schedule under Class Tools.Tip Click a scheduled assignment in the Assignments list to view the week for which it is scheduled.
- Beside the assignment, click .
- Select the sections to which you want to schedule the assignment.
- If the assignment was scheduled relative to a class meeting in the original section, select a different class meeting for any of the sections to which it will be copied.
Override the default copy settings.
Click Advanced Options and configure what you want to copy.
- By default, the following restrictions for the scheduled assignment are
copied when it is scheduled to the new sections:
- Password Protected
- IP Address (Location) Restricted
- LockDown Browser® Required
- Timed Assignment
Group assignment settings are not copied because those settings are unique to the roster of students for each section.
Conditional release settings are not copied because those settings are dependent on other assignments being scheduled to the new sections.
If you do not want to copy any of these restrictions, clear Copy security and time restrictions.
- By default, when the assignment is scheduled to the new sections, a new
copy of the assignment is not created. This means that if you make changes
to the original assignment, those changes are reflected in every section.
This behavior is usually helpful for course coordinators.
If, however, each instructor should be allowed to make changes to the scheduled assignment that are not reflected in other sections of the course, select Create a new copy of the assignment for each section.
- By default, the following restrictions for the scheduled assignment are copied when it is scheduled to the new sections:
- Click Schedule.