Upload Images, Media, or Documents to My Folders
You can copy image, media, or document files from your computer to WebAssign for use as part of your course materials.
The maximum recommended file size is 10MB. You might not be able to upload larger files.
- Obtain the image, media, or document as a file on your computer in a standard file format for the content — for example, JPG, GIF, or PNG for images.
- If your content must be opened with proprietary software, ensure that your students will have access to this software.
- Make sure that you have permission to use any materials that you share with your students. Do not share copyrighted materials like music files or content from a textbook you have not adopted for your class.
- When linking to content outside of WebAssign, make sure the web address of the content starts with
http://. Otherwise, your students might see a browser warning or not be able to open the link.
In the toolbar, click Folders.
Alternatively, open the My Files window when editing an assignment, question, or announcement.
From this page: Do this: Question Editor Click My Files in the Page Tools panel. Assignment Editor Click Include File for either the Description or Instructions. Communication Home Click My Files to the left of your announcement text.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to put your file.
- Click Import File.
Select the file to upload.
- Click Browse or Choose File, depending on your browser.
- Navigate to the file you want to upload.
- Click Open or Choose, depending on your browser.
Note Uploading a large file might take some time, especially with a slower Internet connection.
- Close the Import window.
The file is copied from your computer to WebAssign and is listed in the contents of the selected folder.
After copying your file to WebAssign, you can use it in your questions, in your assignment description or instructions, in announcements, or as a class resource.
After adding an image file, always provide alternative text for the image.