Create a New Single Section Course
You can create a new single section course with no scheduled assignments the first time you teach a new class in WebAssign®. After you create the course, you can schedule assignments and add more sections if needed.
Alternatively, see Copy a Section to a New Course.
To create a new single section course:
- From the toolbar, click .
- When prompted, select Create a new course with no assignments and click Continue.
- Type a Course Number.
- Optional: Type a Course Title for the course.
- Optional: Type a Section.
- Select the primary Instructor.
Select how you want to roster the course.
Option More Information Students self-enroll with a class key You will receive an email with a class key for each section you create in this course. When you are ready for your students to enroll, give them the class key and they can enroll themselves in WebAssign. Instructors enroll students from a roster When you are ready to enroll your students, you will create a roster file with your students' information and upload it to WebAssign.Note: This step is not needed if WebAssign rosters are automatically updated from registrar information at your school.
- Select the Term and type the term year for the course.
Set the Start Date and End
Date for the course.
You can type the dates or use the calendar tool.
Specify when the Class Meets.
- Click the icons to select the days on which the class meets, and type the start and end times.
- If there are no scheduled class meetings, for example, for online-only courses, select No scheduled class meetings.
Select the primary Textbook for the
- You can filter the list of textbooks by selecting a discipline.
- You can search for a textbook by typing part of the textbook author,
title, or publisher.Tip: Combine multiple search terms with a comma. For example, stewart,calculus,7 finds the short list of textbooks that match all three terms.
- To use textbook questions in your assignments, you must select the textbook from which you want to use questions.
- You are allowed to use textbook questions in your assignments only from the textbook you have adopted for your class.
- You cannot use WebAssign to change the selected textbook after any students have paid for WebAssign access to your course. If you need to change your selected textbook after students have registered, submit a request to WebAssign Customer Support.
If you are not using a textbook, select the No Textbook check box.
- Optional: If your textbook includes the Personal Study Plan® feature, select Enable Personal Study Plan to enable it for your course.
- Select the check box certifying your use of the selected textbook in your class.
Select additional resources for your course.
These resources include additional discipline-specific question sets and Personal Study Plans that you can use at no additional cost to your students. The availability of these resources varies by discipline.
- Click Additional Resources.
- Select the resources you want to use.
- Click Apply.
- Click Create Course.