Copy an Assignment
Copy and edit your own assignments, Course Pack assignments that you added, or assignments that have been shared with you.
If needed, click Try the New Assignment Editor in the original Assignment Editor to enable this improved experience now.
Because you can reuse assignments in multiple terms and courses, copy an assignment to:
- Make changes if you cannot edit the original assignment.
- Make changes without affecting the currently scheduled assignment.
- Make a private copy of a shared assignment to prevent others from changing it.
- Questions from copyrighted textbooks that have not been adopted for your classes are not copied from the original assignment.
- Questions that have updates available will be updated when the assignment is scheduled.
Find the assignment you want to copy.
If Do this You know the assignment ID or name
- In the search box at the top of the page, select Assignment.
- Type the assignment name or ID and press Enter.
You own the assignment Click. You organize your assignments in folders Clickand navigate to the folder with the assignment. The assignment is scheduled
- Click .
- If needed, click All at the top of the assignments list to show all assignments for the class.
You want to use advanced search
- Click .
- Select the search criteria you want to use.
- Click Search.
A list of assignments is shown. If only one assignment matches your search, it might be opened in the Assignment Editor.
Duplicate the assignment.
- If shown, click duplicate beside the assignment.
- Otherwise, click edit beside the assignment.
In the Assignment Editor, click .
Your new assignment copy opens in the Assignment Editor.
- If needed, make changes to your new assignment.
- Click Save.