Excuse Students from Assignments
You can excuse a student from an assignment. When you do so, he or she receives no points for the assignment. The lack of points does not factor into his or her class grade or the GradeBook in any way. It is as if the student was never scheduled to take that assignment.
- Select the class that contains the student score you want to change from the Jump to Class menu.
- In Assignments, locate the assignment and click scores. The Scores page is displayed.
- Click the student's score in the Total column. The Adjust Score dialog is displayed.
- Click Excuse Assignment.
- If you want, add a note for your reference explaining the change in the Notes box.
- Click Save. An EX is displayed instead of a score because you excused the student from the assignment.