Record Class Attendance with GradeBook
One way to improve student attendance is to record attendance in your GradeBook.
- Create an Attendance assignment category.
- Include the Attendance category in your GradeBook and set its weight.
Record class attendance each day as an Attendance assignment score.
- Name the assignment based on the day, for example: 1/31.
- Set the category to Assignment.
- Set the points to 1.
- Set the due date based on the day and class time, for example: Jan 31 2017 10:30 AM.
- Make the assignment available to your students so they can see their attendance and its impact on their grade.
- When you call roll, enter 1 for each student who is present.
You can either enter 0 for students who are absent or leave the box empty — an empty box is scored as 0.