Grant Manual Extension Requests
When your students request a manual extension within the assignment, you receive a manual extension request notification in WebAssign. You can grant the request and set the duration, penalty, and any extra submissions to allow for the extension.
If your student requests an extension in a different way, see Grant Other Extension Requests.
Alternatively, see Deny Manual Extension Requests or Ask for Information.
By default, when you create a new course, your students can request manual extensions, but not automatic extensions. New sections, copied sections, and courses created by copying a section all copy the extension settings from the original section.
From the menu bar, click
If needed, select a class.
Under Extensions, click Unanswered.
The list of extension requests shows your student's name, the assignment name, and the date of the initial extension request.
Click the assignment name to view your student's extension requests for the assignment.
All of your student's extensions and extension requests for the assignment are listed.
Accepted automatic extensions are labeled as automatic.The extension request header includes the following information for the assignment:
- your student's current score
- how many responses have been used
- your student's current due date
- links to view your student's responses, other activity for the assignment, and the assignment itself
Click Grant Extension and set the extension terms.
Important Because % total and points penalties are deducted as soon as a manual or automatic extension is granted, first ask your student to accept or decline a manual extension that imposes these kinds of penalties.
- Extension granted until
- The new due date and time for the assignment.
- Submissions allowed
- The total number of allowed submissions for the assignment. See Additional Submissions.
- Penalty for using extension
- A positive number — or 0 for no
penalty — and the penalty method you want to use with each extension.
- % unearned
- A percentage of the point value of the questions answered correctly after the extension is granted. No penalty is applied if no more questions are answered correctly.
- % total
- A percentage of the total possible points for the assignment.
- The specified number of points.
See Extension Penalties.
Type a message to your student in Comment.
Describe the terms of the extension, including any penalties.
- Click Grant Extension.
The extension request is moved to Answered and your student is notified that the extension request was approved.