Grant Extensions for Multiple Students or Assignments
You can grant extensions to many students or for many assignments at once.
For example, you might receive a list of students who should be granted more time because of illness, a school event, or an unexpected lab closure, or a single student might need extensions for multiple assignments.
Before you decide whether to grant an extension, you might review your student's work on the assignment or in your class generally.
- Click and select your class if needed.
- On the left side of the Reports Home page, select one or more assignments for which you want to grant extensions.
On the right side of the page, select one or more students for whom you want to grant
- By default, only current and recent assignments are listed. Click Past, Future, or All to view other assignments.
- To select all assignments in a category, select the category in the Select Category menu.
- To select multiple students at once, you can select All, Current Students, or Current Faculty w/ student access in the Select Students menu.
- Click Extensions/Submissions.
In the Extensions & Submissions page, set the extension terms for each of
your listed students' assignments:
- The new due date and time for the assignment.
- The total number of allowed submissions for the assignment. See Additional Submissions.
- A positive number — or 0 for no
penalty — and the penalty method you want to use with each extension.
- % unearned
- A percentage of the point value of the questions answered correctly after the extension is granted. No penalty is applied if no more questions are answered correctly.
- % total
- A percentage of the total possible points for the assignment.
- The specified number of points.
See Extension Penalties.
- Click Save to grant the extensions.
- The new due date and time
- The new number of submissions allowed, if changed
- The penalties applied, if any