Upload Images, Media, or Documents to the Resources Tab
You can copy image, media, or document files from your computer to WebAssign for use as part of your course materials.
The maximum recommended file size is 10MB. You might not be able to upload larger files.
- Obtain the image, media, or document as a file on your computer in a standard file format for the content — for example, JPG, GIF, or PNG for images.
- If your content must be opened with proprietary software, ensure that your students will have access to this software.
- Make sure that you have permission to use any materials that you share with your students. Do not share copyrighted materials like music files or content from a textbook you have not adopted for your class.
- When linking to content outside of WebAssign, make sure the web address of the content starts with
http://. Otherwise, your students might see a browser warning or not be able to open the link.
Open the My Classes
Clickand find the section you want.
Click the Resources tab.
If the textbook you are using provides resources, those resources are listed below My Class Resources under a heading that identifies the textbook.
Usually, textbook resources are organized by chapter. Resources are listed with icons representing common file types.
Either at the top of My Class Resources or beside a
specific section of the textbook resources (if available), click
- You can always add resources to My Class Resources, even if your
textbook does not provide any resource materials.
General informational resources such as syllabi should always be added to My Class Resources.
- If your textbook provides resource materials, you might want to add some of your resources in the list of textbook resources in order to group it with other resources that apply to a specific chapter or section of the book.
The Add File window opens.
- You can always add resources to My Class Resources, even if your textbook does not provide any resource materials.
Select the file to upload.
- Click Browse or Choose File, depending on your browser.
- Navigate to the file you want to upload.
- Click Open or Choose, depending on your browser.
In the Add File window, click
Your resources are indicated with an instructor icon .
The file is copied from your computer to WebAssign and is listed in the contents of the selected folder.
After copying your file to WebAssign, you can use it in your questions, in your assignment description or instructions, in announcements, or as a class resource.