Let Students Self-Enroll
Instead of creating and distributing usernames and passwords to your students, you can let students self-enroll.
This kind of fraud is unlikely to benefit the student since the two accounts would usually receive differently randomized versions of your assignments. It is also easily detected by comparing your school's roster information with your roster of students in WebAssign. If you suspect this is happening, contact WebAssign.
To allow students to self-enroll, either:
Allow self-enrollment when creating a course.
On the Course Editor page, set Roster
to Students self-enroll with a class key.
All sections that are added to the course will allow self-enrollment.
You will receive an email with a class key for each section you create in this course. You can also look up the class key in WebAssign for any of your sections.
- On the Course Editor page, set Roster to Students self-enroll with a class key.
Turn on self-enrollment after creating a section.
Open the Roster page.
From My Classes, click Roster under Class Tools.
- On the Roster page, click Student Self-Enroll.
- Click I want my students to self-enroll.
The class key is displayed on the Student Self-Enroll page.
- Open the Roster page.
- Turn off self-enrollment after the first two weeks of class. You can add individual students later if needed.
- After turning off self-enrollment, view your roster in WebAssign and drop any students who are not currently enrolled in your course.