Manually Apply Penalty or Bonus Points
You can change a student's assignment score by applying a penalty or a bonus. When you do so, the points you add or subtract are factored into the total, which is the adjusted score.
- When you add a penalty, the assignment score is reduced by the number of points you enter.
- When you add a bonus, the assignment score is increased by the number of points you enter.
Open the My Classes
Clickand find the section you want.
Click scores beside the
The Scores page displays scores for the selected assignment for all students currently enrolled in the section.Note The page might load slowly if your class has many students or if the assignment has many questions.
Click the assignment score.
The Adjust Score window is displayed.
Choose one of the following:
- To give the student a penalty, click Add Penalty and enter the number of points to subtract in the Point Deduction box.
- To add a bonus, click Add Bonus and enter the number of points to add in the Additional Points box.
- Optional: Write a note for yourself about the change in the Notes box.
A red asterisk (*) beside a score indicates the score has been changed by the instructor.