Grant Other Extension Requests
Your students might request extensions in person or by Private Message, Ask Your Teacher message, or email. You can grant these extension requests and set the duration, penalty, and any extra submissions to allow for the extension.
Before you decide whether to grant an extension, you might review your student's work on the assignment or in your class generally.
If necessary, go to one of the following pages: Reports Home,
Scores, Grades Summary, Grades
Loginfo, or Responses.
A Private Message
Click Grades Summary.
An Ask Your Teacher message
Click View Responses.
Click scores for an assignment.
Click a student name.
Click scores for a student.
Any other page
- Click Search and select Student.
- Type part of your student's first or last name, and then click Go.
- In the Student Search page, click scores for the correct class and student.
- If necessary, select the student for whom you are granting an extension.
- If necessary, select the assignment for which you are granting an extension.
Click either Grant Extensions/Submissions or
Extensions/Submissions and set the extension terms.
Depending on the page from which you started, either label might be used. Both of these function in the same way.
- The new due date and time for the assignment.
- The total number of allowed submissions for the assignment. See Additional Submissions.
- A positive number — or 0 for no
penalty — and the penalty method you want to use with each extension.
- % unearned
- A percentage of the point value of the questions answered correctly after the extension is granted. No penalty is applied if no more questions are answered correctly.
- % total
- A percentage of the total possible points for the assignment.
- The specified number of points.
See Extension Penalties.
- Click Save to grant the extension.
- The new due date and time
- The new number of submissions allowed, if changed
- The penalties applied, if any