Schedule a Password Protected Assignment
To ensure that your students complete a quiz or test only in your classroom or another proctored environment, you can require your students or a proctor to type a password when opening the assignment. The assignment password is the same for all your students, and is different from your students' account passwords.
Password protected assignments are indicated with a key and password icon .
- Schedule the assignment, if you have not already done so.
From My Classes, click Class Schedule under Class Tools.
- Beside the assignment, click .
- On the Edit Restrictions page, select Password Protected.
Type a password for the assignment.
- Assignment passwords are case-sensitive.
- Use only alphanumeric characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) to make sure all students can easily type the password.
- Optional: Select Hide password from students to ensure that the password is not visible when it is typed.
Select Drop Security and Time Restrictions after and
select a date and time after which your students can access the assignment.
Security restrictions (password, IP address, and LockDown Browser®) are not automatically lifted from assignments after the due date. Students can't open timed assignments after the time has expired or due date has passed. Usually, these restrictions mean that your students can't see their scores and feedback for individual assignment questions.
To allow this, either drop the assignment restrictions manually from the Schedule page or select Drop Security and Time Restrictions after and set the date and time to drop the restrictions automatically.Tip If you are using the same assignment for multiple sections, you might not want to drop security restrictions for any section until after the last due date for all your sections has passed.
- Click Save.
- Provide the assignment password only when you are ready for your students to begin working on the assignment.
- Change the assignment password a few minutes after your students have begun the assignment.