Set Answer Key Display for Specific Questions
You can show or hide the answer key for questions on your assignment. Usually, you should show the answer key only after the due date to ensure that no students see the key before submitting responses.
You can also choose to show the answer key before the due date after students have made a certain number of submissions. Question-specific settings apply only before the due date.
Showing the answer key is required if you also want to show worked solutions. The answer key must be displayed to students with or before the worked solution.
If needed, verify that Learning Tools & Feedback items are displayed after a
specified number of submissions for the assignment.
Click View Settings under Assignment Settings. Under Learning Tools & Feedback, look at the selected items under Show Before Due Date.
- If "after n submissions" is shown for any of the check marks, go to the next step.
- If you do not see "after n submissions," complete the following steps:
Edit the assignment or assignment template
To do this Do this Change the assignment template In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template. Change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Learning Tools & Feedback settings.
- Change the selection in the Show Before Due Date column heading to after specified submissions.
- If you changed the assignment template, save the template and update assignments that use the template. Then, open the assignment again.
- If needed, click Show Per-Question Settings and select Learning Tools & Feedback to show the Learning Tools & Feedback column in the questions list.
- Click edit in the Learning Tools & Feedback column for the question.
In the Answer Key row, select the check box for
Show Before Due Date, and then type the number of submissions that
your students need to make for the item to be shown.
To hide answer keys before the due date, type a higher number of submissions than you allow for the question.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.