Set Hint Display for Assignments
You can show or hide any hints that might be coded as part of questions on your assignment. These hints might include enhanced question features like the following:
- hints that are displayed after students submit responses
- tutorial links, including video tutorials
- links to specific eBook topics
- links to practice questions (not the same as Practice Another Version)
- online tutoring links (if available for your textbook)
Setting display options for hints does not affect display of the following items:
- custom hints for questions that you define in the assignment
- Practice Another Version links
- student access to eBooks from the My eBooks menu
- supporting materials, such as reference tables needed to answer questions
- WebAssign help
The purpose of any hint is to guide students toward an understanding of the question without giving away the correct answer. Showing hints is valuable for learning assignments, but you might want to hide hints for quizzes, tests, or exams.
You can show or hide hints for the assignment or for specific questions. You can also choose to show hints before the due date only after students have made a certain number of submissions. Question-specific settings apply only before the due date.
Edit the assignment or assignment template
To do this Do this Change the assignment template In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template. Change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Learning Tools & Feedback settings.
In the Hints, Tutorials & eBook Links row, select or clear the
check boxes for Show Before Due Date and
Show After Due Date.
Important When you show Hints, Tutorials, and eBook links before the due date, it will be available when your students first open the assignment (before submitting any responses) if the selection in the Show Before Due Date column heading is after 1 submission.
To show hints before the due date only after a specified number of submissions:
- If needed, change the selection in the Show Before Due Date column heading to after specified submissions.
- In the Hints, Tutorials & eBook Links row, select the check box for Show Before Due Date and select the number of submissions that your students need to make.
- Click Save.