Set Practice Another Version Display for Specific Questions
You can show or hide the Practice Another Version feature for questions on your assignment. For questions with randomized values, Practice Another Version lets your students attempt the same question with a different randomization for no credit.
Practice Another Version is valuable for learning assignments, but you might want to hide it for quizzes, tests, or exams.
You can show or hide Practice Another Version for the assignment or for specific questions. You can also choose to show Practice Another Version before the due date only after students have made a certain number of submissions. Question-specific settings apply only before the due date.
If needed, verify that Learning Tools & Feedback items are displayed after a
specified number of submissions for the assignment.
Click View Settings under Assignment Settings. Under Learning Tools & Feedback, look at the selected items under Show Before Due Date.
after n submissionsis shown for any of the check marks, go to the next step.
- If you do not see
after n submissions,complete the following steps:
Edit the assignment or assignment template
To do this Do this Change the assignment template In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template. Change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Learning Tools & Feedback settings.
- Change the selection in the Show Before Due Date column heading to after specified submissions.
- If you changed the assignment template, save the template and update assignments that use the template. Then, open the assignment again.
- If needed, click Show Per-Question Settings and select Learning Tools & Feedback to show the Learning Tools & Feedback column in the questions list.
- Click edit in the Learning Tools & Feedback column for the question.
In the Practice Another Version row, select the check box for
Show Before Due Date, and then type the number of submissions that
your students need to make for the item to be shown.
To hide Practice Another Version before the due date, type a higher number of submissions than you allow for the question.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.