Set Solution Display for Specific Questions
You can show or hide solutions for questions that include them (many questions do not). A solution supplements the answer key by explaining the process for obtaining the correct answer. Usually, you should show solutions only after the due date to ensure that no students see the solutions before submitting responses.
To show worked solutions, you must also enable showing the answer key. The answer key must be displayed to students with or before the worked solution.
You can show or hide worked solutions for the assignment or for specific questions. You can also choose to show solutions before the due date only after students have made a certain number of submissions. Question-specific settings apply only before the due date.
If needed, verify that Learning Tools & Feedback items are displayed after a
specified number of submissions for the assignment.
Click View Settings under Assignment Settings. Under Learning Tools & Feedback, look at the selected items under Show Before Due Date.
- If "after n submissions" is shown for any of the check marks, go to the next step.
- If you do not see "after n submissions," complete the following steps:
Edit the assignment or assignment template
To do this Do this Change the assignment template In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template. Change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Learning Tools & Feedback settings.
- Change the selection in the Show Before Due Date column heading to after specified submissions.
- If you changed the assignment template, save the template and update assignments that use the template. Then, open the assignment again.
- If needed, click Show Per-Question Settings and select Learning Tools & Feedback to show the Learning Tools & Feedback column in the questions list.
- Click edit in the Learning Tools & Feedback column for the question.
In the Solution row, select the check box for
Show Before Due Date, and then type the number of submissions that
your students need to make for the item to be shown.
To hide worked solutions before the due date, type a higher number of submissions than you allow for the question.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.