Share Assignments With Other Instructors
You can change sharing permissions for your assignments to control whether or not other instructors can schedule your assignments to their classes, or to collaborate with specific instructors when creating assignments.
You can choose among several permission values, each of which should be used for specific goals.
- If you do not want to share your assignment with any other instructors, choose Private. This ensures that only you can find, schedule, or edit the assignment.
- If you want to let only certain instructors schedule your assignment to their classes, choose Protected. This ensures that other instructors cannot find your assignment by searching, and can schedule the assignment to their classes only if you provide the assignment ID. Only you can edit the assignment or find it in search results.
- If you want to let all instructors schedule your assignment to their classes, choose either Copyright (if your assignment contains copyrighted materials like textbook questions) or Public (if all content on your assignment is in the public domain). Other instructors can find the assignment by searching and can schedule the assignment to their classes. Only you can edit the assignment.
- If you want to collaborate with other instructors at your school when creating an assignment, choose Group. With group permission, you can select or create a group of instructors who can edit the assignment and find it in search results. Instructors who are not in the group cannot find your assignment by searching, and can schedule the assignment to their classes only if you or another instructor in the group provides the assignment ID.
When you use Protected or Group permissions and you want other instructors to be able to schedule your assignment to their classes, you must provide them with the assignment ID (the number shown in parentheses after the assignment name). With the assignment ID, other instructors can open your assignment using Search and then schedule it to their classes.
- If you are not the original author of an assignment and you change the permission to anything other than Group, only the original author of the assignment will be able to edit the assignment.
- Other instructors can duplicate any assignment that you allow them to schedule or to edit.
Edit the assignment or assignment template settings.
To do this Do this To change the assignment template
In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template.
To change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Sharing settings.
- For Permission, select the permission you want to use.
- If you selected Group permission, select the Group you want to use.
- Click Save to apply your changes.