Share Questions With Other Instructors
You can change sharing permissions for your questions to control whether or not other instructors can use your questions in their assignments, or to collaborate with specific instructors when creating questions.
You can choose among several permission values, each of which should be used for specific goals.
- By default, new questions are set to Protected. This lets other instructors use your question in their assignments only if you provide the question ID, and ensures that other instructors cannot find your question by searching. Only you can edit the question or find it in search results.
- If you do not want to share your question with any other instructors, choose Private. This ensures that only you can find, use, or edit the question.
- If you want to let all instructors use your question in their assignments, choose either Copyright (if your question contains copyrighted materials) or Public (if all content in your question is in the public domain). Other instructors can find the question by searching and can use the question in their assignments. Only you can edit the question.
- If you want to collaborate with other instructors at your school when creating a question, choose a group permission. With group permission, you can select or create a group of instructors who can edit the question and find it in search results. Instructors who are not in the group cannot find your question by searching, and can use the question in their assignments only if you or another instructor in the group provides the question ID.
When you use Protected or Group permissions and you want other instructors to be able to use your question in their assignments, you must provide them with the question ID (the number shown in parentheses after the question name). With the question ID, other instructors can add your question to their assignments in the Question Browser.
- If you are not the original author of a question and you change the permission to anything other than Group, only the original author of the question will be able to edit the question.
- Other instructors can duplicate any question that you allow them to use or to edit.
- If needed, click Show Additional Information in the Question Editor.
- For Permission, select the permission you want to use.
- Click Save to apply your changes.