Show or Hide Correct/Incorrect Marks for Specific Questions
You can show or hide marks for specific questions on your assignments.
When you allow multiple submissions, showing marks before the due date lets your students know which questions they need to try again. Showing marks after the due date lets your students know where they need more study or practice.
You can show or hide marks for the assignment or for specific questions. You can also choose to show marks before the due date only after students have made a certain number of submissions. Question-specific settings apply only before the due date.
- If you choose to hide marks, you might want to let your students know you are doing this. Otherwise, your students might think that their responses were not submitted or that WebAssign is not working correctly.
- Marks are never shown for essay, file-upload, and pencilPad questions, since these are graded manually. Instead, you can show grader comments for these question types.
If needed, verify that Learning Tools & Feedback items are displayed after a
specified number of submissions for the assignment.
Click View Settings under Assignment Settings. Under Learning Tools & Feedback, look at the selected items under Show Before Due Date.
- If "after n submissions" is shown for any of the check marks, go to the next step.
- If you do not see "after n submissions," complete the following steps:
Edit the assignment or assignment template
To do this Do this Change the assignment template In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template. Change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Learning Tools & Feedback settings.
- Change the selection in the Show Before Due Date column heading to after specified submissions.
- If you changed the assignment template, save the template and update assignments that use the template. Then, open the assignment again.
- If needed, click Show Per-Question Settings and select Learning Tools & Feedback to show the Learning Tools & Feedback column in the questions list.
- Click edit in the Learning Tools & Feedback column for the question.
In the Correct/Incorrect Marks row, select the check box for
Show Before Due Date, and then type the number of submissions that
your students need to make for the item to be shown.
To hide correct/incorrect marks before the due date, type a higher number of submissions than you allow for the question.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.