Show or Hide Scores on Assignments
You can show or hide your students' scores and possible points for the assignment, for individual questions, and for question parts. You can also show or hide grader comments for manually scored question types (essay, file-upload, and pencilPad).
Class Insights data are not shown for assignments when either correct/incorrect marks or scores are not shown to your students.
- The assignment score shows the student's earned and possible points for the assignment as a whole.
- The question score shows the student's earned and possible points for each question as a whole.
- The question part score shows the student's earned and possible points for each question part.
- Essay, file-upload, and pencilPad question types are scored manually in WebAssign. For these questions (or question parts) on the assignment, grader comments show both the score and any comments provided by the grader. In addition to providing valuable feedback about what they did well or incorrectly on such questions, grader comments give your students confirmation that their responses to these types of questions have been graded.
Showing scores lets your students know how they are doing on their assignments and prioritize questions that are weighted more heavily.
You can set different display options for scores for before and after the due date.
Edit the assignment or assignment template
To do this Do this Change the assignment template In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template. Change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Learning Tools & Feedback settings.
- In the Scores rows — Assignment, Question, Question Part, and Grader Comments — select or clear the check boxes for Show Before Due Date and Show After Due Date.
- Click Save.