Configure Show My Work for Assignments
You can configure Show My Work in your assignment or assignment template settings, for example, to require Show My Work for all questions.
Show My Work settings for individual questions override the settings for the assignment.
- Do not change Show My Work settings for an assignment that your students have started.
- Do not enable Show My Work for an assignment (like a quiz or test) for which you want to use LockDown Browser® to prevent cheating. Your students could use Show My Work to display files from their computers while working on the assignment.
|Show My Work Setting||Description|
- You cannot enable Show My Work for questions in a question pool.
- Each question can have only one Show My Work question part.
- You cannot apply automatic bonus or penalty points to Show My Work.
- When you apply an assignment template to an existing assignment, only the assignment-level Show My Work setting is changed; per-question Show My Work settings are not changed.
Edit the assignment or assignment template
To do this Do this Change the assignment template In the Assignment Templates Manager, click Edit for the template. Change the current assignment only
In the Assignment Editor, click Edit Settings.
If the assignment used a template, the settings from the selected template become editable in the Assignment Editor and the template is no longer used.
- If needed, expand the Submissions and Work settings.
- For Show My Work, select Optional, Required, or Disabled.
If you set Show My Work as Required, type a value for
Required Show My Work question parts cannot be set to 0 points. Set Show My Work to Optional when you do not want to award any points automatically.
- Click Save.